Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, or LaTex file format using the templates found on our website.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- If there is a Section Policy displayed below the section to which the article is submitted, authors must adhere to the Section Policy.
Dynamics of Structures and Vibrations
The European Journal of Computational Mechanics aims to publish innovative work on computational modeling methodologies, and in particular:
- To publish research on original numerical methods and their application to the numerical simulation of engineering problems in solids, structures, materials and fluids. Contributions dealing with multi-physics or multi-scale problems are especially encouraged;
- To present innovative applications to complex engineering problems;
- To foster interactions between modelling approaches in different areas; -
- To publish occasional review articles with a view to promoting an engineering application culture in computational mechanics.
Any article presenting new theoretical concepts is expected to also provide either numerical validations, comparisons with experiments, or applications to real-world engineering problems. Submitted manuscripts are subject to initial appraisal by the Editor, and, if found suitable for further consideration, to peer review by independent, anonymous expert referees. All peer review is single blind and submission is online via https://journals.riverpublishers.com/index.php/EJCM/submissions.
The relevant topics include: computational solid mechanics, computational fracture mechanics, finite and boundary elements, spectral methods, element free methods, fluid-solid interactions, contact mechanics, mechanics of advanced materials under vibro-impact loading, transient non-linear dynamics, multi-physics simulations, multi-scale analysis, multi-functional and smart structures, damping materials, damage assessment, rotating structures, inverse problems, optimization algorithms.
Data-Driven Modeling and Simulation – Theory, Methods & Applications
This is an open access special issue and an article processing charge is payable by the
author or research funder.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.